Our Project Goals:
- Reduce environmental pollution by recycling post consumer waste plastic from landfills into building hardware
- Reduce Slum proliferation by providing affordable building material to developers
- Curb deforestation by providing alternative product in replacement of timber
- Providing an urban waste management solution for cleaner and healthier environment.
- Reduce the effects of climate change, by reducing deforestation we conserve our forests which helps removing CO2 from the atmosphere hence mitigating climate change.
- Create Job opportunities to youths in marginalized communities
Our Solution to the Plastic Waste Problem
In order to clean up the city of its plastic waste we have establish a stable and profitable company and tackle the problem of waste pollution at the point of generation by attaching social, environmental and economic value to plastics waste.
We collect waste plastics from the streets and landfills, we also allow the community to exchange their waste plastics with medical insurance coverage, this helps us to collect enough waste plastics to manufacture plastic lumbers, this has helped us a lot to change the community’s attitude towards waste management.
The business strategy is to create economic value on plastic at the points of generation to enable the Individuals, households and companies to sort and sell plastics in order to earn income. In this way, no plastic will find its way on to the street. The plastics will be transformed into more durable plastic lumbers and planks.
To achieve these, we have divided different zones. Every zone have collection points to which we engage youth and women groups to facilitate collection and delivery of plastics to our company.